Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I think we are getting it!

Yesterday we hacked out in the gelding field it was quite windy compared to how it has been lately. Poncho definitely noticed that. Ha. He wasn't bad but he was very fresh. Silly Pony.

Today we worked in the ring for awhile (I have VIDEO!) and then went to the gelding field. With that combo by the time we finished up in the gelding field he was one the bit and had slobber, if only I had that on video! Anywho I am over the moon with my spotted fellow.

http://youtu.be/Q323E20PzPE

6 comments:

  1. you guys look great! It might help to free lung him over a fence in both directions...I know at least for my horse it helped her find her way to the jump at her own natural pace. When you are on them, they are cautious and not thinking about the jump as much as they should be. It might also help to stay in the two-point position for one stride longer after the jump this way he isn't afraid of you asking him to bring his hind end down too early. Keep up the good work! He's so handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for you advice as always! I would love to try free lungeing him over the jumps however a trainer did a number on him and I can't lunge him without major freakouts. So I think that's out for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't that unfortunate, I'm so sorry to hear that. Stuff like that really bothers me. Your guy there is in lucky hands that your so patient in training. Love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete