Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Poor, poor pony!

Poncho has had quite an eventful last few days. Sunday losing his shoe. Monday he took a chunk of skin off his left hind heel. Yesterday it rained, and rained, and rained. Today he got a new shoe!

Even though Ponch was definitely not a fan of the betadine scrub to clean his heel he was a good boy and didn't fuss too much. He even got a fancy schmancy green bootie if you will. I didn't get a picture of that though - I should have. I did however snap a picture of his lovely bell boots. Of course he doesn't really approve of them. And of course as luck would have it I got two different sizes. So they will have to do until I have money to get more.

This morning we were planning to get to the barn around 8:30 because that was when the farrier was supposed to get there and do one horse before Poncho. So that would have left plenty of time to drop my car off at the shop. But no. I get a text, luckily we were almost there, saying farrier was early I could come out now. However I don't think the BM realizes I live about 35 minutes away. Not a quick trip by any means. Nevertheless we got there and I ran to get Poncho. Didn't have time to pick his feet or anything, poo. Farrier looks at his other shoe just to make sure that one won't spontaneously fall off, ha. Then we got the other one on. Thank goodness Poncho is a good boy now with his shoes. Perfect gentleman.

Then I made him up a new boot - just to make sure. Groomed him up real nice. Then gave him lots of attention. I resisted the strong urge to ride. I WILL WAIT ONE MORE DAY. Even though he is sound and his heel has no heat or sign of infection. I thought it best to wait just to play things safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment