Friday, April 19, 2013

Quite exuberant and a steady eddy all in one?

What an oxymoron Poncho can be sometimes! On Tuesday I actually managed to get a real ride in, in the ring...WHAT?! He was great for his walk work very round and forward. The trot had some sticky moments. However with our sporadic "rides" I can't complain. Since he was being a super star in terms of attitude I said what the hey lets canter some. He immediately picked a super forward and round canter...for about 3 strides. And then the rodeo was on! I was so unprepared I lost both stirrups and was flopping around helplessly for what seemed like forever. I somehow managed to stay on, solidifying the fact that I AM A NINJA! We still obviously had to work out those canter kinks. It took several different attempts to have a canter without a bronc sessions, but since I was ready for it no big deal.

Wednesday was farrier day. He was a jerk face, not horrible but definitely wasn't trying to be polite. I was planning on riding in the ring again BUT the BO turned the other 2 horses out there and left. So no ring. Midnite went into a raging heat so I wasn't to thrilled with the thought of hacking in the field with her. Needless to say Poncho got a day off. Same with Thursday it was just to hot and humid by the time I got out there.

Today I just hacked around the field for awhile. He just baffles me. With how coo-coo he was on Tuesday today it rained this a.m. briefly, got increasingly gusty (20-30 mph), and lots of commotion at the barn across the street. Yet through all that he was perfectly calm! What a perfect little wierdo!

being a meany for the farrier is exhausting!

1 comment:

  1. Good little weirdo horse :) Congrats on your ninja skills too!

    ReplyDelete