Sunday, January 15, 2012

A weekend filled with freezing temperatures, gusting winds, and tons of fun.

Saturday I was able to swing out to the barn after two whole days of not being there, I hate that. Any who mom had to work so it was just me. I even lucked out enough to be the only one there after about 10 minutes. I love when that happens. So I pulled Poncho out from the field and tied him up. Where he promptly acted like he was going to die. Of course since the last time he was up there we had our unfortunate incident. He managed to hold it together long enough to let me tack him up. Then we rushed out to the ring. It was a bit hard not totally frozen, but hard enough I didn't want to push it. So we only walked and trotted (minimally).

Today was much more productive, even though it was colder the ring was drug and not frozen! I wanted to experiment a little with out warm-ups to try and make them a little more effective. We walked a lap in each direction on a loose rein. Then picked up the trot and trotted a circle in each corner, in both directions. Then we walked it out a little to where I started asking him lengthen and shorten his walk. Following that we did some leg yields all over the place. I was attempting to get him nice and supple - forward too. We were however a bit lacking forward today though. I suppose the wind and other contributing factors took his focus. That's okay though it just gives us something to work on this week. Oh and my mom was nice enough to snatch a few video clips today so I could see how things were going. It's not the best riding by any means but it's something I can compare to later.

http://youtu.be/VwbYj8FgVEA

No comments:

Post a Comment