Thursday, January 19, 2012

Two more days of fun!

I seem to have gotten on a bit of roll here. I must say I LOVE IT. I love seeing my horse so much. I love being able to ride and have lots of fun with him so often. The only downside I see is I will probably find out that I'm more broke than usual come the end of this month. But that's out of my control.

Anywho, yesterday was the farrier day. So Poncho got his feet done and then I hopped on for a quick ride. I wanted to make sure after seeing the video that we were forward and forward we were. After I was able to maintain it for several laps at the trot we moved onto our canter. That was quite interesting. We had an amazing canter going for almost a whole lap and then he just started trotting before I even realized what had happened. The little guy seems to think he has a time limit on the canter. How funny, I have no idea how he decided it. But it's definitely something to work on. Then for our cool out we hacked out in the grass and then walked around the barn to the back where the cross ties are. He seemed to enjoy that little change up.

Today I tried out my new saddle pad on him. I got it when I ordered our sand purge supplement.

 

To have a change of scenery we hacked out in the pond field. We haven't been able to get out there for about two weeks. Poncho was sure fired up. Partly because of the time - it was afternoon. Ha he's used to early to mid morning workouts. So I threw him totally off. And then the pond field horses were dispersed in different areas. We didn't last too long out there because right as we were getting ready to start out trot work the pond field horses broke back in and then the barn owner turned out her horse. I don't like riding with other horses in the field, especially when we've got Midnite with us and these geldings aren't used to mares being in there field. So we called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment