Sunday, February 3, 2013

We're getting there I think?

The weather has been a bit more compliant here lately. Kind of. The footing still sucks but I'm trying to make it work. Last Tuesday I went for a quick ride in the ring. It was still sloppy but not too bad, only one big puddle. So we attempted to get some work done. I kept it real quick and to the point since he's still working out the kinks from his hay issues. We did have an almost cough but he stopped before he started and just took several HARD breaths. Then he went on like it never happened. So that was improvement.

Wednesday it was beyond windy and some mega amounts of rain were heading our way so I decided not to push my luck like I usually do. So Thursday it was still gusting over 25 mph BUT I was determined to do something. I got called out of work and after having a mini-panic attack about not being able to afford anything this month I got my act together to ride. I still just went to the ring just in case he went nuts I didn't want to be completely loose. He did have one cough and then that was it! He managed to keep his cool even in spite of the wind and gave me some real solid trot work!

Today I just hacked around the field concentrating on our lateral work - I wanted to go out on the trail. But once I got out there it was still underwater so we turned back. Better luck next week.

I've just been keeping it real easy on him just to make sure his cough really is improving. Since there was no coughing at all today I'll probably start adding a little bit of canter work back into his workouts tomorrow or Tuesday. Yippe!

Dirty pony!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment