Saturday, February 23, 2013

A cosmic joke, or what?

I'll start this off by saying that I love, love, love to plan. Nothing makes me happier than a well laid out plan put into action. So yesterday I had planned my day out perfectly so that I could hack Poncho, ride Midnite, and do the hay all before dark. It was raining/icing in the morning but was supposed to be over by noon. I left the house right on schedule and got to the barn at a perfect 2:50.

After I got there I got all my stuff out and organized. Grabbed my halter and headed to go out and get ponykins. As I was walking a little bit of ice hit me in the face. Hmmm.....Then it started to just come down! So my plan went to complete HELL. There's no indoor and I don't have a waterproof quartersheet, or a quartersheet at all for that matter. Needless to say I had to ditch the plan to ride. Fine I suppose we're not in a super big rush or anything.

So I start soaking the hay. Wait the 10 minutes. Fill up the hay nets. Then the ice spontaneously stops. Of course! By that point I was drenched because I didn't have any of my rain clothing with me. The whole way home I was fussing at myself for not just waiting a few more minutes to see if it would stop. GO FIGURE! 

1 comment: