Friday, November 16, 2012

Poncho vs. Bogart and a hack in the field.

Yesterday Poncho and Bogart got to officially meet. They've seen each other from a distance. But I let them get up close and semi-personal yesterday.
  
As you know this is Poncho!

And then there's Bogart...

with his evil little grin!
It started off I was stopping by the barn to put on Poncho's medium blanket after work and had Bugman with me. He was barking non-stop (he didn't like being left for the big creatures) while I was attempting to blanket Poncho. So once I finally managed to get Poncho to realize I could blanket him whilst there was that god awful noise I took him out to meet "The Noise". Bogart was a bit concerned with Poncho closing in on the car. But he didn't freak out. He sniffed at Poncho through the crack in the window and didn't seem repulsed. So I rolled the window down a bit more so Poncho could get a good look at him. Naturally Poncho stuck his head in the window with out a second though. Bug was shell shocked and just sat there in awe. Of course once we walked away Bogart barked and Poncho tried to bolt off. Oh well it could have gone worse.

Today was Poncho's hack day! We've gotten up to 30 minutes of work in the hilly field. We even had a nice little canter. Not to shabby for my man. Once we were done he decided he was going to help me clean my tall boots off and proceeded to trot back and forth with me as I got my supplies. Then once he realized there was no yummies involved he promptly left for some grass. Silly man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment