Sunday, November 4, 2012

A little of this. A little of that.


So due to my work schedule and dumb hurricane Sandy Poncho got a week off. BOO. Oh well not much I could do about that. He weathered the storm well so we'll consider it a win.

Thursday I scooted out for a quick ride. Just a little hack around the field. I wanted it to stay positive after last Friday's. Success.

Friday was a repeat of Thursday.

Saturday PonyMan got clipped for the first time EVER. Not a major clip by any means. He was a tad reluctant about it since I was using different clippers than he's used to. It didn't take long at all and we was back out in his field running amuk.







Today we got down to business. We headed to the ring whip in hand - just in case it was needed. The wind finally laid down so I would have assumed we'd have a calm pony-o. However it seemed all the deer in the area we running around the perimeter of the arena/paddock area. Go figure. However he was still able to focus. Our canter was 10x better than the last time we were in there. I actually only need to whip to persuade him once! He however couldn't focus quite enough to be forward and soften to the bit. It was one or the other. By the end we had some progress. He was also a bit crooked. But with the deer popping out left and right I can't say he didn't have a valid reason to be determined to be a look out. Overall I was super happy with how he was given the fact our last "work" ride he was a bit pig headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment