Wednesday, December 26, 2012

An interesting turn of events!`

On the day I clipped Poncho was his first day back from "vacation"! I was pumped! And to top it off we had a fantastic ride. He was like a freaking dream. On the bit. Forward. Supple. Everything I could have ever wanted in a ride.

Then on Thursday the wind picked up. Poncho lost his mind! We were just hacking around the field on a nice long loose rein, when out of no where...he throws a huge buck. Spins and bolts (and man can this horse bolt) across the field. While he's bolting we're bucking and hopping about. I somehow managed to stay on and got him back under control and listening. But clearly this was not our most productive ride.

Friday was even windier. I was delusional enough to think I could a productive ride in TODAY. However I had several clues on the way to the ring that should have told me to turn back. I did not though. So once we finally got to the ring I got on and didn't even last 5 minutes in the saddle. Not because I was thrown but because he lost his marbles completely and there was no way to turn it around. Even in hand he was bucking and rearing, just generally freaking out. So yet another failed attempt.

Saturday I couldn't get out to the barn and Sunday I managed. We headed down to the ring again to attempt to rectify our last ride. I only rode for 10 minutes and kept it at a walk. Mainly because he was still on edge but listening. So I wanted to make sure I got off before it all went south!

Today it's raining ALL day long. Boo. I did go out to the earlier today and change the ponies into their Medium blankies since it didn't warm up like it was supposed to. Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment