Sunday, December 16, 2012

Our vacation is coming to a close!

Thank goodness only one more week! Although I am thinking this Wednesday I'll go ahead and re-clip instead of the following.

Vacation does not, I repeat does not agree with Poncho in the slightest! He has been the biggest meanie head since his vacation started. He's still been getting "worked". A.K.A. short little hacks maybe once or twice a week. We've gone to the ring 2x this month, last Wednesday and yesterday. Wednesday was an epic failure on so many levels. I will not go into detail like I said I was. Too long. Friday was a short hack with his hackamore on. He was coughing sooo much (BO put his hay in the run-in, dust = death) but he was getting quite cranky once he realized I wasn't getting him tacked up. So I gave-in. Luckily he didn't cough with the hackamore.


Yesterday we went to the ring. I put his bit back on since he wasn't coughing prior to my tacking him up. I did however take the noseband off. So incase he did start to cough his face wasn't constrained. We mainly walked. Did a little trotting but that brought on a little cough spell. So back to the walk we went. His supplement should come in tomorrow or Tuesday. Yipppe. So we will slowly be starting to work back into the old swing of things. Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment