Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I am a ninja!

That's right. But before I get to the juicy details I need to mention that last week I only was able to work monster man two times. And our ride on Thursday was literally  10 minutes(in the pond field) - wayyy too hot. Then on Saturday we was HYPER. He got the notion in his head that when trotting around the far side he need to take off and run the other way. Possibly even smack into a fence. It took some coaxing but he finally managed to get it straight in his head. Other than that he was fantastic. He gave me some of the best trot and canter work we've had in a while.We even did some canter pole work - FANCY I know!

[caption id="attachment_109" align="aligncenter" width="300"] I don't like the heat![/caption]

So all  of that leads us upto yesterday. We headed back out to the pond field to spice things up a bit. I had envisioned a nice trot set up and down the nice little hills out there. We warmed up and walked around for a few. Then I asked for the trot. He was nice and forward, as we went along he started to loose forward and begin to rush. I might add I was in two-point through all of this. Then next thing you know we are running down the side of the field heading for trees and a hill. I nicely ask him to slow back down - benefit of the doubt right? He emphatically said no. Which then led to him jerking his head down and proceeding to do his best impression of a bucking bronco. I have no clue how I didn't come off. I mean I was in two-point I should have flow. But no I am a NINJA. After I finally got his head and got him slowed down we went back around for round two. He was nice a polite then. Go figure. Then for the remainder of our hack he was a perfect gentleman. Goober boy.

[caption id="attachment_110" align="aligncenter" width="300"] I'm innocent, I'm no bucking bronco.[/caption]

Also little man had decided he's too shy to pee while I'm on him. I know he has to go, he stops likes he's going to then doesn't. So when I get off almost immediately he pee's forever. Poor guy if only he knew.

I also worked Midnite for a bit yesterday. You can tell the adequan is making a big difference. However she has decided that outside aids are a no go. So we spend the majority of our ride working on yes you really do have to listen to these. Silly mare. She tries her hardest to get out of work. But I guess she doesn't realize what all I go through with Poncho so that her little "tricks" are nothing to me. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment