Friday, May 11, 2012

Poncho Approved.

Today I actually got to ride! It's a freaking record!

When I got to the barn I had a bit of stuff to do which kept delaying my catching Poncho but that ended up working out for the better. One of the other boarders got there before I was done grooming so I was able to borrow a leather punch so that I could make my hackamore fit. SCORE.

We were quite gutsy and headed to the gelding field - hoping for the best. Poncho was like a totally different horse. Once the bit comes off the brain turns on I guess. He was so calm, cool, and collected! We had bunnies and ground hogs run infront, under, and behind us that never once made him bat an eye. Yet a bird did get him... Oh well. I ended up riding for over an hour. Mainly walking we did do a couple of long trots down the length of the field with our riding buddy.

I think it's safe to say the hackamore is here to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment