Thursday, May 10, 2012

The ride that could have been.

Ahh when the best laid plans fail. Today is beyond beautiful out. I could have been riding. But I did not.

When I got to the barn it was a tad windy, okay to be honest a bit gusty. That however was not going to stop me - last time it was windy he wasn't that bad. I chatted with some borders for a moment to get some things sorted out for the vet visit next week. Then I waltz around the corner to be bombarded with luchboxes, zebra prints, little saddles, and little helmets. Oh snap that means there are kids on the loose. Then I look a little further down to the trailer parking area. DAMN there's a little bus with a hoard of kids. I don't know what they were doing or where they came from but they effectively ruined my chance at riding.

Back tracking a little - Poncho HATES kids they are minions of the devil. As it were when I went out into the field to say hello sine I drove out all thay way and stuff his cute little face with treats he had spotted said children in the pond field and was on HIGH alert. (Choice well made not to ride, it would have been a suicide mission practically) He was calm and cool for me to love on him though. He even groomed me back a little bit.

It's not the end of the world that he's getting a little mini-vacation (3 rides in 2 weeks = nothing in the grand scheme of things). I just reallllllly wanted to ride today. However we will get back on track and tomorrow will probably be more conducive to me surviving. I mean come on 3 rides in 2 weeks and I want to ride on a gusty day with demons running around. Mr. Poncho would be looking for things to jump from behind every tree, around every corner, and maybe even fall from the sky. Who knows, hopefully tomorrow will be the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment