Thursday, May 2, 2013

PART 1 - The hole...


So the week before our big move to the new barn I was heading down the ring for a ride. We were literally 15 feet from the gate when all of the sudden Poncho goes completely down! I somehow managed to stay calm, get him up, and into the ring. Looked back at where we just came from and damn it a hole ate his leg up! It was about 1 1/2 foot deep. WOWZERS. I figured since I was already down at the ring I might as well just tack walk him, since it couldn't hurt too much?

The next day he had some heat up and down his leg :(...SO after copious amounts of panicking (because I was on the verge of a mental breakdown with work and planning the move - this was the last straw) I got my but in gear and doctored him up.

Lots of cold hosing, which by the way after about 5 minutes I get a big F*** YOU! DMSO and furazone. Bute. And 5 days. Luckily he was completely back to normal crisis averted. Looking back I see how absolutely ridiculous I was in my over-reaction. BUT I was stressed!
 

2 comments: