Saturday, May 4, 2013

PART 3 - Settling in.

On Thursday I went out just to hang out and give him an official "tour" of the place. He was happily standing in his stall with plenty of hay still left, thank goodness! We explored for awhile checked out all the jumps in the ring where the cross ties are all around the barn. He was totally enthralled - such a goober. Then I just hung out with him in the stall and groomed him.
battle wound 1 - probably scratched it on a tree limb

battle wound 2 - definitely invaded someone's personal space!
 Friday I wanted to take a little ride around the ring. I didn't have my riding pants and I didn't want to work him hard because of his leg, just in case. So we walked around for awhile just meandering with no real purpose. He still had plenty of hay left in his stall. Apparently his method is anytime he hears something he has to go and look out one of his windows to see what's up. Again I hung out with him for awhile just enjoying being able to!
Today we had a slightly more involved ride with a bit more trotting and adding in some lateral work. He was a tad unfocused but there was stuff going on around him so I cut him a little bit of slack. Overall he was still super duper in my opinion. I'm just soooooo happy about how close he is and the fact that he seems to be settling in so incredibly well!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Glad that you guys are settling at the new barn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! I love that his stall has a nice window :)

    ReplyDelete