Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Two more rides under our belt!

I've managed two more rides since my last post. With rain and lots of stuff going on I made peace with he'd have to have 2 days in a row off! OH MY!
Sunday I managed a slightly more productive ride than Saturday. He was a bit more settled with the way things are in the ring. I was super duper happy with his canter work. So open and free feeling, someone definitely loves the GIGANTIC ring we have now!!!!!!

Monday he had off because the barn had a vet there and we didn't want to get in the way.
Tuesday he had off because I didn't even go out there, it was so rainy and gross.

Today is still pretty much a repeat of yesterday weather wise. However I wasn't going to miss another day. Plus I finally decided to try out my fleeceworks shaped saddle pad that I've had sitting in my room for years now out. Of course the second I got him tacked up it started to rain. I waited a minute or two for it to steady out a little and out we headed. Of course it got heavier for a while then stopped. Poncho was a bit unsure of riding in it but he handled it well. We didn't do much productive because along with the rain the tractor was right beside the ring with someone clearing out fallen trees. SO that was a little distracting. However we still did w/t/c. The canter was lackluster but I wasn't asking for anything spectacular. I think I'm happy with the saddle pad, may need a few more rides to really get a feel for it.

Hopefully in the next day or two we can hack out in the field (If it dries up enough).

No comments:

Post a Comment