Friday, May 10, 2013

WE FOUND IT!

On Thursday I decided I was just going to hack out in the fields for a nice change. I also had the hidden agenda of hopefully finding the bell boot he lost on Sunday (?) evening.

He was super duper pleased with getting out of the ring. He just marched on and on and on. For awhile I just let him meander where he wanted to go, it was quite comical to see how he wanted to serve this away and that away. Eventually he had to listen to me though.

After checking out one field we moved to the next one (where he has been turned out here lately). Boy was he ready to P-A-R-T-Y when we walked in there. I did find the bell boot whilst attempting to convince him that we really should just walk around. So I hopped off to grab it, then hopped back on. The second I started to swing over I could just feel him start to coil up to bolt. Luckily I stopped that before it happened, but I have no doubt that he would have done it if given the proper opportunity. Goober.
Today it reached 90 degrees! So even though I really, really wanted to ride I gave him the day. I just didn't think it would be fair to him to ask for real work with an almost 20 degree temperature jump in a 24 hour period. Hanging out it was for the day. I'm sure he was just fine with all the grooming and scratching he got.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, glad you found it! I once lost my cell phone in a hay field... talk about a needle in a hay stack :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't imagine losing my phone out in the field, I'd never ever find it.

      Delete