Friday, May 31, 2013

Messing up the routine!

This week was a little backwards from how me normally do things.

Monday we hacked out in the fields for a while just meandering.
Tuesday he had off.

Wednesday I went out at about 7:00 that evening (most unheard of for us) and plodded around for about an hour. W/T/C he was pretty good a tad resistant though.

Thursday he had off.

Today I got out fairly early and decided to try out a new bit. Which is not a success. I was super surprised at just how much he protested it. So tomorrow we're going back to our regular bit until I can come up with another one to try. However he still w/t/c fairly politely each direction and we rode with 2 other people. AND he wasn't a jerk. We finished up taking a lap around one of the fields which actually amped him up instead, oh well! Then he had to get hosed off. Poor man was s-w-e-a-t-y I felt pretty bad for him. Of course he thought the wash stall was torture but he behaved.

Fingers crossed tomorrow he's happier switching back to his old bit.

4 comments:

  1. It's funny how much they hate some bits! I bet he's better next ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeppp we went back to our regular one today and definitely appreciated it :)

      Delete
  2. The good things about ponies is how adaptable to changes they can be.

    ReplyDelete